Sunday, August 1, 2010

Football Manager Series - Barnet FC English League LLM 2

With huge success on my previous managing premier league or top flight league and continuing of my Football Manager 2010 series, I have decided to manage lower league football club. I have selected an English league for my new adventure as Football Manager. I have selected lowest active league from Coca Cola League 2.  This mean the following league is included in the game engine: Coca Cola League 2, Coca Cola League 1, and Premier League.

This is the continuation of my journey as Barnet Football Manager in Football Manager 2010. Please check my preparation on the games on my previous article.

First five games were rough games for my Barnet team. I lost 3 games ( Lincoln, Morecambe, Notts Co) and drew 2 games (Shrewsbury, Torquay). I took more drastic changes such as firing my coaches and youth coaches. I hire new coach Jimmy Hunter (general coach), Dave Barron (fitness). I also got a new striker, Mickael Buscher with £950 per week for 2 years. I loaned 3 players from Arsenal (Luke Ayling, Kyle Bartley and Kyle Bartley) and 1 player from Chelsea (Jacopo Sala).



Details of good candidate players for free:
Steven Foley - Attacking Midfield (Left, Center)
Przemyslaw Kazimierczak - Goalkeeper
Ryan Brett – Defender (Left, Center)
Andrew Callaghan – Defender (Right)
Scott Brown – Midfield (Center)
 Mickael Buscher – Striker (Center)



With these changes, my team became more competitive. Though I lost the league cup on 1st round and Johnstone’s Paint Trophy on 1st round, I began winning games. The next five games results are as follows: I won 3 games (Macclesfield, Bradford, Dag & Red), 1 draw (Northampton) and 1 lost (Rotherham). Going forward through the mid season, I tried to get another striker, but I couldn’t. I finally stick to my original team. To my surprise, I manage to get promotion to Coca-Cola League 1 for next season.

My final league position is 3rd on Coca-Cola League 2. I won 23 games, drew 11 games, and lost 12 games. I did better on most of my home games than my away games. My top goal scorer is Mickael Buscher with 17 goals. The top assister is Lee Sawyer with 11 assists. My team managed to score 77 goals and conceded 60 goals.

I’m off to my next journey in Coca-Cola League 1 as Barnet Manager for the next season. I may need to loan and transfer several player to prepare my season.

No comments:

Post a Comment